Hi.

Hey, everyone. Wow, it's been a month since my last post. I guess I just needed a break from it all for a little bit. The school work was building up, the stress was piling on, and I was just tired of the obligated book reviews. This blog is supposed to be fun for me. If it's not fun, then what's the point? I've been feeling so stressed out lately, and so I just kind of shut down, spending my free time watching One Tree Hill and writing, and still reading here and there, not nearly as much as I have been.

I miss just talking. I miss the posts where I just say what's on my mind, and reading the comments back. Which is partially my own fault, me getting wrapped up in the numbers. I wanted to be a "popular" blog, I wanted to have lots of followers. And with that, I think I lost sight of why I started this blog in the first place.

I started this blog to share a piece of me. It's a place where I can talk openly about books, writing, life, struggles, and things I just can't say to the real world. It's a place to share my hopes and dreams and frustrations. It was such a comfort to know that my words effected even just one person, that one commenter.

So I'm going to revert my blog back to the old days. Where I post because I want to, not because I have to. Where I review the books that blow my mind, the ones that really speak to me and make me feel as though everyone on planet earth needs to read it. Back to the days where I posted samples of my own writing. When I talked about the whims and woes of being a teenager. The complaints and the celebrations.

I realized that I need to stop being something that I'm not.

And start being me again.

post signature

7 comments:

Kelley said...

Good for you, my dear! I think a lot of bloggers go through this now and again, wherein they need to remember that their blogs were originally created for them and not to cater to others.

Welcome back. :)

Tiffany Mahaffy said...

Good for you!!! I just started mine but I am trying not to get to something I am not. I am like you and want to post stuff because I like to not because I have to!! I am so glad you are back and look forward to seeing what you love :)

roro said...

welcome back

Paige said...

So glad to hear you say that, I've missed you! <3

Marisa said...

Thanks so much everyone :)
I'm excited to be back.

The Divine Writer said...

Hey Marisa! I'm back too! I've been on a long hiatus but I'm back now. I want to start writing again!

Welcome back my fellow writer!

Lydia said...

Yay for you! Welcome back to the blogging world and I"m glad to hear from you again!
Can't wait to hear more about your life, and comment on it :)