End of January 2012 Wrap Up

Between meeting John Green and seeing American Idiot, the kick-off of 2012 has been a great one! This month was probably filled with too much awesome...so naturally it just flew right on by.

Life Highlights
Like I've said, meeting John and Hank Green and managing to have a coherent mini-conversation with both of them ranks up there as one of the greatest moments of my life. Being around hundreds of Nerdfighters and getting to talk with them was an experience I'll never forget. Hank sock was hilarious, John continued to say the smartest things, Hank's music was fantastic, The "Yeti" appearance was hilarious. Waiting over two hours for the signatures was so worth it. John Green telling me that he hopes I get published too was one of the greatest "is this real?" moments of my life. Having a conversation with Hank and The Katherine was so great. Those signed items I got are not just mere signatures, they hold so many memories from an event I'll never forget.

This past weekend I saw American Idiot up in Boston. GUYS IT WAS AMAZING. We went for my friends birthday, and it was her first musical experience haven't hearing me ramble on about the amazing-ness of all these different musicals for years, and it was just so much fun. We had great seat, and the cast was phenomenal. I'm convinced that some of the songs were better than the original. Just the harmonies and the story and the underlying message just gah! So good! Highly recommended. 

Also, I got a lead in the spring play. I GOT THE PART I WANTED. Guys, I never get the part I want. Our spring play is two one acts, two totally separate shows. A comedy and a tragedy. I'm in the comedy called 'Dentity Crisis. I play the eccentric mother who thinks she invented cheese and banana bread. I'm so excited! This is the biggest role I've ever gotten... and I just can't wait to get started!

Books
I read nine books this month. Whoa! And the majority of them have been fan-freaking-tastic. Five 5-Star books, one 4-Star, two 3-stars, and one 2-star. The five star books were One Day by David Nicholls,  I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak, The Fault in our Stars by John Green, Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler, and The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. The four star book was Catching Jordan by Miranda Keannelly, the three stars were Sign Language by Amy Ackley and Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle, and the two star was Beowulf.

My top three books of the month were:
1. The Fault in our Stars (Is it too soon to predict that this will be my favorite book of the year? Probably not)
2. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
3. I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak

Writing
I'm all over the place with writing. I've been editing Perfection, but more importantly I'm nearly 10k into a brand new project that I'm soo excited about. I haven't talked about it much, mostly because it doesn't have a title yet, but I feel like this could be my best first draft writing yet. I'll let you all know more when there is more to know :D 


How was your month? Did you read any amazing books? Do anything noteworthy?
  
post signature

5 comments:

Julie said...

That's so cool that you got to meet John Green and see American Idiot!! I really wanted to go see John Green but it conflicted with something I had to do :(

American Idiot seems amazing, I really would love to go see it!!

Love your blog, new follower :)

Marisa said...

Hi Julie! *waves*

Thanks for the follow :D

Julie said...

*waves back like a crazy person*

Hi!! I love your blog design, really simple, yet eye-catching :)

Marisa said...

Julie: Thank you! A couple of friends designed it for me. Sadly, I don't have mad blog design skills like they do. Haha!

Julie said...

Haha, I'm not good at that stuff either, that's why my blog is from the Blogger templates lol..