Opening Night

I don't know if this is something you guys know about me, but I do my town's community theater. That's the reason posts have been minimal and sporadic. This week was the production week (those of you in theater know that we call it hell week.) And tonight is opening night.

We're putting on "A Christmas Carol," a big hit during the holiday season. I'm playing the role of Penny (technically Peter...but I am not a Peter, so she changed the name, haha!) It's a good part. I get to do a little bit of everything: act, sing, and even dance. The cast is fantastic, and I've met so many awesome people.

While I love the acting, it's been a stressful week, managing it with school and dance. Especially since my teachers all feel like scheduling quizzes this week. I had three today. And I haven't been getting home until 10:30, meaning no being in bed until at least 11. Also meaning waking up at 5:45 is even less fun.

In any case, I'm so excited for the show! We're doing 8. Thursday through Sunday this week and next. A lot, I know, but it'll be fun. I love the story and it's just such a fun time period costume wise. I have to wear this big poofy green dress for the dance scene that's just gorgeous! I'll try to post pictures at some point. :)

That's the scoop as to why I haven't been around much. But winter break is right around the corner. Yes!



post signature

1 comments:

Paige said...

That's so cool! Good luck! I'd go crazy with stress, but I'm glad you're managing!
Can't wait to see pics :)