Measuring A Year in the Life

I can't believe how fast this year went by. It feels like just yesterday, I was writing my 2010 wrap up post. Wow. Sometimes, it feels like the years go by faster for us book lovers, just because we're always waiting for the next upcoming release. Does that make sense? Anyways, 2011 brought on some awesome things. Between, reading, writing, and life, it was a pretty solid year, and I'm excited to see what 2012 will bring.

Some highlights of my year...

Favorite Book of 2011
Books
I've read 110 books this year.... just wow. I thought 100 was ambition, but to pass that? Crazy! Out of these books, I have found many that are truly all time favorites. Books that I know I will reread over and over again.

Out of 110 books, ranking wise, I read:
5 Stars- 55
4 Stars- 31
3 Stars- 17
2 Stars- 6
1 Star- 1

I'm not going to go on too much about books since I just did a whole post on that yesterday, but I do want to share my most anticipated reads for the New Year. I'm so excited for books such as Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler, The Fault in our Stars by John Green, Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins, Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead... just to name a few. From what it sounds like, 2012 is going to be a fabulous year in books!

Writing
This year has been an amazing writing year for me, overall. I finished Perfection is my Enemy and began two new projects, Expiration Date and a brand new baby that is currently not titled. I have 20k-ish left in my Dancing Through Life rewrite, which I know I wanted to be finished by now, but December was just so crazy that it was impossible! It WILL get done though! Eventually. Collectively, I've definitely written well over 100k this year.

Highlights of my Life
2011 brought about so many new, exciting experiences.

In June, I spent the weekend away from home for the first time, at NYLSC, a leadership conference in Boston. It was my first time on my own, my first experience with a roommate. I loved every moment of it. Then July came, and I went away for a week, to a student council conference. I don't think I've ever had so much fun. It was so great meeting all these people from all over the state, and I still keep in touch with many of them. That was definitely the week of my life, and I am so excited for next summer, to go back. It really is a whole new world, being surrounded by all these nice kids who are just so willing to be your friend...unlike people at home.

In July I also went to Bermuda. Gosh, it was so gorgeous there! The weather was perfect and the beaches were so pretty, I so want to go back.

Another exciting thing that happened for me this year was author signing. I still can't get over the fact that I met Sarah Dessen. It's such a surreal experience, meeting someone who you've looked up to and admired for so long. She is literally the person who inspired me to write. So getting to have a little conversation with her was so crazy. And I also got the chance to meet Leigh Fallon back in November, she's so sweet!


Overall, 2011 is definitely a year to remember. But here's to an even better 2012. Happy New Year, everyone, and I hope you have a wonderful day ringing in the New Year!

I now leave you with, very appropriately titled, "Happy New Year" from RENT. Can you tell that I've been on a RENT binge this week? Haha!





post signature

0 comments: