So long, August.

August, you were a pretty solid month, I must at admit. You didn't top July, but you were still pretty great. So sad that this month has come to a close.

In August I...
-Went to beautiful Stowe, Vermont. Mountains, water slides, Ben & Jerry's ice cream galore. Best part was that the whole family was together, and I got to meet my 3yo twin cousins from DC.

-Went camping for the first time with my friend

-spent lots of time in general with my family. Aunt's uncles, cousins, the whole deal.

So it definitely was a lazier month, but still lots of fun.

Writing wise it was a good month too. After not lots of writing time in July, I picked Expiration Date back up and am going strong with that. As of now I'm about 1,000 words away from the 20k mark, and I feel really good about where this is going. In the midst of all this I'm starting revisions for Perfection as well.


I read A TON this month! 18 books. That's madness. I read The Book Thief (reread), Will Grayson Will Grayson, Saving Francesca, Looking for Alaska, Divergent, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, reread all six Vampire Academy books, 1776, Chain Reaction, Bloodlines, Dreamland, She's So Dead to Us (reread), and He's So Not Worth It.

Such an extensive list, and so many amazing reads! I can't just pick a top three from this list! So, not including rereads, this is my top five for August.

1) Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
2) Looking for Alaska by John Green
3) Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
4) He's So Not Worth it by Kieran Scott
5) Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

All such amazing reads. Definitely recommend them!

What I can tell you is what was hands down the WORST book I read this month:
1776 by David McCullough.
I had to read it for history, and it was awful. I couldn't get through it.

So, that's my August wrap-up. August, you will be missed. Goodbye Summer 2011. It was a great one! And hello, September.


post signature

0 comments: