Book Blogger Hop (4)

Book Blogger Hop

The book blogger hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy-for-Books a fellow book blogger, that gives book bloggers the chance to follow, support, and connect with other bloggers.

This week's question:
“In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?”

My favorite "banned book" is Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler. Oh my God, I loved that book. Ockler is one of my favorite writers, her style is beautiful and effortless and everything I look for in a book. Honestly, I'm not quite sure why this book is on the challenged list? Because the author chooses to portray REAL teenagers? Even so, this book is pretty light compared to some reads. Everything about Twenty Boy Summer is wonderful. It's emotional, raw, and real. It's more of an emotional journey than anything else. And there are important lessons and messages too. Everyone should read this book! It's one of my all time favorites.
 

post signature

2 comments:

Emily @ Books and Threads said...

Twenty Boy Summer was my answer too. I can't believe people would see it as immoral or damaging! It's a book about learning how to live again after grief. This is hardly a bad thing.

But then book banning itself is insane so...

I'm just hopping through! My FF is over here if you'd like to stop by. Happy reading!

Andrea said...

I agree, I enjoyed Twenty Boy Summer and can't imagine why they would want it banned. Hop over to my answer here -http://thebusybibliophile.com/book-blogger-hop-93011/.