Book Blogger Hop (1)


I've been seeing the blogger hop all over the interwebz for a while now, but I never really knew what it was about. Now that I do, I definitely want to get involved! It's such a great way to meet new book bloggers!

The question: “What are you most looking forward to this fall/autumn season – A particular book release? Halloween? The leaves changing color? Cooler temperatures? A vacation? (If your next season is other than fall/autumn, tell us about it and what you are most looking forward to in your part of the world!)”

I'm seriously anticipating two upcoming reads that are being released this fall. I already have them both pre-ordered on amazon and everything!

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a
lifetime of feelings for the boy next door


I absolutely ADORED Anna and the French Kiss, so I can't wait to see what Perkins does with the companion novel. I'm sure it's going to be as witty and brilliant.


Since mankind began, civilizations have always fallen: the Romans, the Greeks, the Aztecs…Now it’s our turn. Huge earthquakes rock the world. Cities are destroyed. But something even more awful is happening. An ancient evil has been unleashed, turning everday people into hunters, killers, crazies.

Mason's mother is dying after a terrible car accident. As he endures a last vigil at her hospital bed, his school is bombed and razed to the ground, and everyone he knows is killed. Aries survives an earthquake aftershock on a bus, and thinks the worst is over when a mysterious stranger pulls her out of the wreckage, but she’s about to discover a world changed forever. Clementine, the only survivor of an emergency town hall meeting that descends into murderous chaos, is on the run from savage strangers who used to be her friends and neighbors. And Michael witnesses a brutal road rage incident that is made much worse by the arrival of the police--who gun down the guilty party and then turn on the bystanding crowd.

Where do you go for justice when even the lawmakers have turned bad? These four teens are on the same road in a world gone mad. Struggling to survive, clinging on to love and meaning wherever it can be found, this is a journey into the heart of darkness – but also a journey to find each other and a place of safety.


I haven't been this excited for a book in a long time. Me and Dark Inside go back to its inkpop days. I've read parts of it before it was even up for publication and have become friends with Jeyn as well. I'm so happy for her and all of her success! What I've read of the book is brilliant, and I cannot wait to read the whole story!

Besides the books, fall is genuinely my favorite season. I love it when the leaves change color and the crisp fall air. Apple picking and rotting my teeth out on Halloween. Wearing jeans and cute sweaters.

Also, I'm excited for the fall TV shows to start. I cannot BEGIN to tell you how excited I am for Grey's Anatomy to start up again! And Glee. And that new show Pan Am looks awesome. I love shows set in that era!

Fall is an overall fantastic season. :)

11 comments:

Aeicha @ Word Spelunking said...

New follower here!

I'm SO excited about Lola and the Boy Next Door!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

I haven't read Anna an the french Kiss, but I've heard tons of good things about it. I'm thinking I might need to read lola and the boy next door.

Jenna and Ashley said...

Several things to comment on...a huge hooray for fall TV...LOVE Grey's and Glee and I'm also curious about Pan Am:) I do enjoy the rotting teeth part of Halloween as well. The book by Jeyn Roberts sounds fabulous. What an interesting idea. Can't wait for its release! I liked Anna and the French Kiss so Perkins' next book should be another fun romance.

Thanks for stopping by my blog- I'm also following you. I agree that Mockingjay was my least favorite Collins book out of the trilogy. I just wasn't happy with what happened to Prim. The Hunger Games was by far my favorite.
-Jenna @ Fans of Fiction

Marisa said...

@Aeicha: Yay for being excited for LOLA! Thanks for the follow :)

@Ashley: Definitely read ANNA, it's fantastic! So cute!

@Jenna: Another Grey's fan? YES! And I know, so sad about Prim. It pretty much the whole series moot, in my opinion :(

Thanks for the follow!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Cool weather. Halloween. My birthday. Pumpkin bread. Everything fall!

Here's my list of books I'm looking forward to this fall!

And it's time for
Readerbuzz's September Giveaway! A $25 Amazon Giveaway! and It's Time for the Indie Lit Awards!


Stop by! I always follow back.

Melissa said...

I'm a new follower I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Anna and the french Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm a new follower!

Beckvalleybooks said...

Hi just followed from the Hop, could you follow back, thks in advance xx http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com/

KristinCanRead said...

Just hopping through. Friday Post! New Follower! I hope you are liking The Help!

Jolene Perry said...

I can't wait for Catching Jordan from Miranda Kenneally. :D

BUT I totally have your two picks on my TBR list

Jenni Elyse said...

Sorry it took me so long to come by and comment. This weekend was crazy!

I can't wait for Lola either! I'm so excited for it!