Welcome to Nerdfighteria

Folks, I am officially a Nerdfighter. Now, you may be wondering, what is a Nerdfighter? Well, to sum it up, Nerdfighters are made of awesome, and help decrease world suck.

My friend introduced me to the Vlogbrothers last month. John and Hank Green, two brothers who video blog back and forth as a means of keeping in touch. It began in 2007. And yes, I am referring to the author John Green, known for works such as Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

Let's just say that I have wasted so much valuable time watching these videos. They're so addicting. They're witty and smart and funny and relevant. And just awesome. I prefer John's videos, for obvious reasons, the whole writing thing. But Hank is pretty cool too. He's the science nerd/songwriter.

This is the video that started it all:




And some more awesomeness.



And don't forget about the song Hank wrote about Deathly Hallows, THE BOOK.





Also, John is signing EVERY SINGLE PRE-ORDER of his upcoming book, The Fault in Our Stars. This video was just posted yesterday about the madness of him signed 150,000 preorders.




Warning, these videos can get incredibly addicting. You will be watching them for hours on end. But I love these guys. I love how they tell people it's cool to embrace your inner nerd, that being a nerd is a GOOD thing. So I just thought I'd do my part in spreading the awesome.

Check out their website here.

DFTBA (Don't forget to be awesome.)

post signature

4 comments:

Dia said...

So this is what my friend has been going on about? She talks about these video's non-stop and I was starting to get irritated.

I understand now. xD

Qui said...

NEW NERDFIGHTER!!!!!!!!! DFTBA!!!
Welcome!!! :D

Marisa said...

@Dia: HAHAHA. I have literally spent hours watching them xD

@Qui: Haha! I'm a bit late to jump on the bandwagon. When I found them, I was like OMG WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!

Taylor Lynn said...

Definitely embrace you're inner nerd! xD LOL Those videos look really funny. But I couldn't watch them all... YouTube was being sllllooooowwww. :P