July 30th is...

Hi, everyone! Paige here from The 828! I’m honored that Marisa would invite me to guest post on her blog while she’s at camp! Thanks so much, Marisa!
Now, since Marisa’s blog is called The Writing Dancer, I figured I’d post something about dance for you all.



I know there’s a lot of dancers and performers here on Blogger so hopefully you will all enjoy this!

In America today, we have A TON of holidays, such as Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Mother’s Day, Father’s day, St. Patrick’s Day, Memorial Day, Earth Day, Independence day, Thanksgiving, and so much more.
Those are all popular holidays that many people celebrate. Then, there are the less popular ones…



Like for example Toothache Day on February 9th, National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day on April 2nd, Race your Mouse Day on August 28th, and even a National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day on October 21st.

There is one special holiday that deserves all our attention and participation...
National Dance Day on July 30th!

National Dance Day was created by So You Think You Can Dance’s executive producer and judge Nigel Lythgoe! (Which just happens to be my favorite show)

What is it exactly? National Dance Day was created to encourage the nation, young and old, to get up and move! Individuals, families, organizations and communities from across the nation come together through their creative expression of dance.
According to the SYTYCD blog, “D-Day” is meant to generate national awareness for dance. The day is also intended to promote health and wellness in our nation.

Events will include local celebrations at participating Six Flags parks across the country. There are three different routines you can learn if you’d like to go dance at a local Six Flags!











Can’t go to Six Flags but still want to participate? You can upload your dance to The National Dance Day Facebook page!


So choose a routine and get dancing! I know some of you are thinking,”Paige, I can’t dance!”


Yes you can! Everyone can dance! It’s about passion, and if you love it, you can do it! The dance videos are different levels also, so even if you've had no experience, you can still learn one!

Dancing is just so good for your body, and it’s fun! So get up and get dancing, everyone! Check out the SYTYCD Blog for more info on National Dance Day!

Thanks for reading, happy National Dance Day on July 30th!

Come visit me over at my blog The 828!







1 comments:

Taylor Lynn said...

Oooh, I <3 dancing! I don't take any dance classes, and I can't do jazz or ballet or tap or any of the genres. But if you put on music, I will go crazy, no matter who's watching! ;D Great post, Paige!