Obsessed

I'm the kind of person who gets obsessed with things. Books, TV shows, movies, music it doesn't matter. If I'm passionate about something, it's all to easy for me to cross that line into obsession.

I've always been this way. My first big obsession was The Little Mermaid. I wanted to be Arial, and as far as I was concerned, Prince Eric was my husband. I had every doll, every book, the computer game, you name it. In fact, one of my earliest memories is when my parents had to go to a wedding and left me with a sitter. I wasn't even three years old at the time. And I made her watch The Little Mermaid with me. Eight times.

Yep.

I get this way about a lot of things. When I first discovered RENT two years ago, I watched that obsessively. I can quote 10 Things I Hate About You. I was one of those Twilight fan girls in the very beginning (oh, admit it. You were too!) I'm a hardcore Gleek. I'm still obsessed with Vampire Academy... man, those books are due for a good reread. When I get into a musical, I have the soundtrack on repeat for weeks.

Right now though, this obsession is bad. And way too consuming.

Grey's Anatomy.

Oh my gahh I love that show. At the end of May, I was bored and I found that the first season was on Hulu. I thought why not? I love medical shows, and I'll probably end up somewhere in the medical field job wise (unless/until I become a bestselling author :P). I always wanted to watch that show, but by the time I actually could it was already too far in, and I hate starting shows 3-4 seasons in.

Anyways I watched the first season in like three days. Though it was only, nine episodes long. Then, because I was dying to see more, I convinced my parents to get Netflix, where they have seasons 1-6. We bought it the last weekend of May. I just started season 6.

I know it's ridiculous, but I just can't help myself! It's just SO EASY to get lost in the story and end up watching four/five episodes at a time. I think of the characters as real people. I love all the medical stuff I learn through it. Hell, if I watch it right before I go to bed, I dream about the show. It's bad.

And now I'm like, what am I going to do when I'm finished? Well, naturally I'll have to watchPrivate Practice, Grey's Anatomy's spin-off series. Because I want to know what happened with Addison and all...

So yeah, I easily get obsessed.

What do you obsess over?



Photobucket

5 comments:

Qui said...

Don't even get me STARTED on my obsessions. xD Glee <3 <3 <3 <3

Amaranthine said...

Look at my profile picture. XD Artemis Fowl, Star Wars, you name it. :P

Elanor Lawrence said...

Lol... I completely understand with the TV show thing. Right now I'm really into Doctor Who but I don't watch too much of it at a time b/c I don't want to finish it... yeah, I'm weird that way.

Dreams*Link said...

I've watched all 1-6 seasons from Alias...in max. 3 weeks or less. When I start a movie I have to finish it very quickly. Now I can't wait until the next Vampire Diaries starts. Sorry for the writing. I'm not English.

Taylor Lynn said...

I am so obsessive...! I've been obsessed with (as a kid) Cyberchase, Peter Pan, Harry Potter... and (as a teen) the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and the TV show "Lost". And that's just the movies and shows!

I was also somewhat obsessed with researching some historical events, like the Titanic and the Holocaust.

Yeah, I am pretty obsessive. You're not alone! ;)

Hugs,
Taylor Lynn <3

PS "Rent" is AMAZING! :)