Waiting On Wednesday (3)

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen


Another town. Another school. Another Mclean. Ever since her parents' bitter divorce, Mclean and her father have been fleeing their unhappy past. And Mclean's become a pro at reinventing herself with each move. But in Lakeview, Mclean finds herself putting down roots and making friends—in part, thanks to Dave, the most real person Mclean's ever met. Dave just may be falling in love with her, but can he see the person she really is? Does Mclean herself know?

Luckily, I won't have to wait to long for this book, because it's being released May 10th! Wooo! I've been waiting nearly two years for a new Dessen book to sink my teeth into. And I love the concept of this book so much!

Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite contemporary authors ever. The first book I ever read by her was Someone Like You, and the story just grabbed me so much that I had to read more. And that wasn't even her best book, in my opinion. Soon enough, I had all nine of her books.

Sarah has a way of making you relate to the main character of each book in someway, even if you're nothing like them at all. And her guys... well you just fall in love with them. Wes from The Truth About Forever and Owen from Just Listen (I want to go on and keep naming more guys) are some of my biggest literary crushes ever. Ah, I love them!

I can just tell that Dessen's latest book is going to be another win, and I can't tell you how excited I am to read it!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I LOVE SARAH DESSEN. I cannot wait for this book.

The only thing that bugs me is the name. I'm sorry, but that name will just drive me crazy.

But you're right, I <3 Dexter, Owen, Wes, and Eli so much.

Marisa said...

Jenna: Yeah, Mclean is kind of an annoying name. -_-

DEXTER. I love him. Actually the four you named are my four favorites. And maybe Nate, but not as much.