It's May Already?

Whoa, dudettes... April is over. Why this is just occurring to me now... I have no idea. I feel like so much has happened this month... and with break in the middle, it just flew right by!

I have 35 days of school left. Just seven weeks... and then I'm not a freshman anymore. Woo! It's kind of scary though, because this year in general is seriously flying by. But I'm so stoked for summer. Anywoo, here are some April Stats:

Reading: I read nine books in April. Kind of on the low side... but the amount of writing I've done this month makes up for it. My top three favorite reads this month were Where She Went by Gayle Forman, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, and The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon.

For May, I plan on reading The Awakening and The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong. I just finished The Summoning today and I really enjoyed it! Hopefully the rest of the series will be just as good! Other books on my radar are What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen, So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti, She's so Dead to Us by Kieran Scott, and the Ruined trilogy by Simone Elkeles.

Writing: I seriously caught the writing bug this month, racking up a total word count of nearly 30k. 8k of it was for DTL. Initially, that was supposed to be my entire focus this month, but then I got inspired to work on Perfection, and ended up finishing that during my spring break, writing a total of about 22,500 in just that one week!

I'm going to keep working on DTL through May, and hopefully get it to the 25k spot by the end of the month. I really want to try to get back into Expiration Date as well, so we'll see how that goes. For now, I'm going to sit on Perfection for a bit, and will most likely begin a read through after school gets out.

Dancing: Dance is going really well! We had our first competition at the beginning of the month. My jazz class got Gold, a special award, best choreography, and High Point! So exciting! My hip hop class also did well with a Gold.

At this point, most of my dances are almost complete. My Advanced Intermediate Jazz and Tap dances are done, and we're almost done with ballet. We're nearly done with our competition tap dance, and it's possibly my favorite dance out of all of them. It's to I Saw Her Standing There by the Beatles, and it's just so fast and fun! My other hip hop dance is almost done too. So many dances! Ah, I love it!

This month I've began to notice a lot more traffic around the blog in general. More page views, more comments, more followers (2 away from 60.Woo)! Thanks to all my followers, you guys rock! :D

Photobucket

3 comments:

Josiphine said...

Are you going to do a review of Water for Elephants? I really want to read one, :D

Marisa said...

Josiphine: Sure, I can throw a review of that in sometime this week. It's an amazing read! :D

Josiphine said...

Thank you!