Waiting on Wednesday (1)

The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon


My first edition of Waiting on Wednesday goes to debut author Leigh Fallon's THE CARRIER OF THE MARK. I remember reading the first few chapters of this book back on InkPop where I met Leigh, and thinking how great it was. Though I never actually commented because that was back when I was too intimidated to actually join InkPop, haha. When she finally spilled the news that CARRIER was being published through HarperCollins, making her the first Inkie to be published, I was ecstatic for her and for the book, and I've been following her journey to being published ever since via her blog and twitter.

There's been lots of buzz about this book, so shame on you if you DON'T know what it's about. But here's the blurb just in case. :)

A move to Ireland is about to introduce Megan to her destiny, her real destiny, can she embrace it and will she survive it?

A tragedy in Megan’s past set her on a predetermined course. A chain of events has been set in motion that brings Megan to Kinsale, a small town in the south of Ireland where her destiny awaits her. Her life starts to fall into place as she makes new friends and settles into her new school. However, the reclusive and distant Adam DeRĂ­s calls to her body and soul.

She finds herself increasingly drawn to Adam and his strange family. Adam knows a secret from her past and he and his family hold the key to her future. A future that binds her to Adam and his world, a world of power, mystery and ancient orders. A world that unbeknownst to her, she very much belongs in.

Sounds awesome, right?

THE CARRIER OF THE MARK is being released October 4th 2011, and I know I'll be anxiously waiting to have a gorgeous copy in my hands. (Which is why I practically stalk her blog for any ARC giveaways... haha!)

Even early on, it's already clear that everyone will be talking about CARRIER as it's release date gets closer.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Yay for being your first WOW Thanks so much.
Woohoo!

Leigh
www.leighfallon.com

Lala said...

I can't wait for this one either! (But, shouldn't that be obvious?)

Paige said...

I can't wait for this too! It's so inspiring and awesome that she came from inkpop!