Mmm... Where the Coffee?

I'm so exhausted. I feel like I've been running on empty for days. My life has been a vicious cycle of school to extracurricular to homework to dance to more homework... and I'm burning out. I stay up too late, wake up exhausted... get a second wind throughout the day, only to want to crash later. But I can't.

It never ends.

And I know that every other teenager probably feels the same way. Hey, I feel like there is way to much expected out of us. Does anyone else agree?

First, they tell us to spend 6-7 hours a day at school. Then they want us to go home and spend another 2-3 hours a night on homework. But that's not all. We want to go to college, right? Well, in order to go to college, we need extracurriculars. I dance four days a week and am VP of my class on student council. I'm in my school's chorus and like to attend the creative writing club when there's time. On top of that I'm in four honors classes.

Oh, and don't forget that we're supposed to get eight to ten hours of sleep a night

<----This is what I feel like. LOL

The stress of day to day life is enormous. I feel like I barely have time for ME and doing things I like to do. I try to fit in a few hours of writing a week, usually on the weekend, but on occasion I get some downtime during the week.


Maybe I'm just feeling extra stressed out because my weekend is crazy. First, tomorrow I have to miss school for a rehearsal for the Jr. District festival that I got into for chorus. It's at a school an hour away from where I live, so I get on a bus and go up there as soon as school starts. I get to sing my little heart out all day and don't get home until about 5:30. Then I have dance after from 6:45-7:30.

Not bad. And usually Friday nights are the nights I crash for a solid 10-12 hours. But Saturday is the festival. Meaning my dad has to drop me off at my school at 7:30 in the morning to take the bus back up for the festival. SEVEN THIRTY. ON A SATURDAY. Gross. The concert is at one, and then after that I'm up to Boston for the rest of the day.


Why, you ask? Well, because I'm seeing Mary Poppins! I'm so excited! This is one of my favorite Disney movies, and I can't wait to see it live. It got fantastic reviews, and I heard they've put a darker spin on it, so I can't wait to see what they do.

Yeah, talk about a long day! It'll be fun though!

My plan is to get all my homework done between tonight and tomorrow... and that way on Sunday I can spend a day relaxing, and hopefully doing a lot of writing!

Wow, this post did a lot of complaining. I swear, I'm usually fine. We all need to vent though :)

Talk to you guys later!

Photobucket

1 comments:

The Divine Writer said...

I saw Mary Poppins when it was in my hometown. You are going to enjoy the show! It's fantastic!:)