Those Feel-Good Movies.


We all have those movies. The ones we could watch a million times, yet they never seem to get old. The movies that make you go Aww! by
the end and have you wishing life was that great.

Well, today I had a movie marathon... and it got me thinking. Most of these movies that I love so much aren't current movies. They're all late 90's early 2000's. Which leads me to think that the majority of today's movies aren't so great.

Beginning of the 21st century mo
vies were more original in my opinion. Today, so many movie's are adaptations of books. Like they ran out of ideas or something. Don't get me wrong... if it's a good adaptation, it's fine with me. But let's face it, most of them aren't.

Let's face it, about 1999-2005 owns when it comes to Rom-Coms. Many of my favorite movies fall into this category.

10 Things I Hate About You.
Otherwise known as the best movie I've ever seen. How could anyone not love it? And mmm Heath Ledger. RIP, you brilliant actor. I'm going to keep my talk of this movie brief or else I'd be rambling all day. Basically, EVERYONE SHOULD SEE THIS MOVIE.

Legally Blonde.
Reece Witherspoon is amazing in this movie. I watched the first and second one today for the first time in a while, and I remembered how much I loved it. I'm also familiar with the musical. "Omigod You Guys" is constantly stuck it my head! A funny movie with such a positive message, it never gets old.

A Cinderella Story
I love Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murrey in this! A classic story with a modern twist that's done so well. I could watch it over and over. Super cute and super sweet!



What A Girl Wants
I love Amanda Bynes in this! And it's in ENGLAND.
Only one of the many places I want to visit someday. British accents!

How To Deal
Mandy Moore is one of my all time favorite actresses. Whatever she does is fabulous.

Well, this post turned into a brief rambling of my favorite movies. That's not all of them... not by a long shot! We'll have to categorize this as favorite rom-coms. Because we can't forget those Disney movies, a whole category of its own! And these aren't even all my favorite romantic comedies...

I'm such a movie junkie.

What are some of your favorites?

Photobucket

1 comments:

Hayley said...

I agree- movies were AMAZING back then! Nowadays, it's hard to find a good movie, but I feel like back then, it was hard to find a bad one...
Many of the movies on your list are some of my favorites. I saw A Cinderella Story when it came out in theaters three times. I even made my grandparents take me to Denny's just so I could get a free movie poster. Oh, was I a handful as a child! Anyway, it will forever be one of my favorite movies of all time!