January's Over... Already?

Wow... this month just flew by.
And it was such a good month in SO many ways!

Writing:
- 6k of Perfection is my Enemy! (5k of it being written just this past weekend, lol!)
- 1,500 words written for the Dancing Through Life re-write
- Rough outline of my new dystopian thriller idea

I'm so excited as to how far Perfection is coming. It's total word count as of now is just under 45k. When I began, I had about 70k in mind for a word count. I'm just about 2/3 of the way through! My goal is to have a completed draft by April, but maybe it will happen sooner.

Reading: Nine books. :D
Frostbite by Richelle Mead
Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
Elixir by Hilary Duff
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larson
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks (Re-read)
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Re-read)

I'm going on a Borders run ASAP. Preferably tomorrow... but we might have snow :\
I need to get my hands on a copy of Delirium... ah I've been waiting for months! Other books I plan on reading are Linger (the sequel to Shiver), Matched by Allie Condie, Across the Universe, Beastly, and Reincarnation, just to name a few. :D

School: THE SCIENCE FAIR IS COMING TO A CLOSE. YESSSSS! The biggest stress in my life is just about over!

Dance: I'm convinced that my jazz competition dance is the greatest dance ever. We're doing it to Let's Get Loud by J-Lo, and it's pretty awesome :D

THE TREEHOUSE GANG
The group blog I'm a part of had it's introductory week :D
Today is Launch Day's Eve, and tomorrow we have our official launch, the theme of the month being paranormal! So if you haven't checked us out what are you waiting for? Click the adorable badge on my blog and it will take you there!

How was your month? Did you reach your goals?



Photobucket

5 comments:

Paige said...

I love the song lets get loud! I've always wanted to dance to it. They always play it while we r waiting on stage for awards to start. (which I bet you know always takes forever!) Good luck at all your competitions! I have one this weekend :D
What competitions do you go to? maybe we have been to some of the same ones.
I go to Kids Artistic review, Stage one, and Creations. You go to any of those?

Marisa said...

Paige: Lets Get Loud is such a great song to dance to. I'm convinced that this is the best dance we've ever done. It has some great beats to it and it's just so much fun! Yes, the award ceremonies do always take forever. -_-
Good luck at your competition! I've heard of Stage one... but we've never done those. Our school does GBDTA, Olympic Miss, and Dance Ovations :D

Tonight we started out big group hip hop number. (30 kids seniors through freshmen... there's barely any room to move!) The dance. Is. Sick. I love it. It just stinks getting thrown in the back because you're a freshman... lol.

Paige said...

You're lucky to be dancing to it, lol. and IKR! It's so annoying because it's like I WANT MY STINKIN RIBBON/PIN/TROPHY ALREADY LETS GO! haha.

Wow! That's a lot for a hip hop! I think we have around that many in our production number. I know what you mean, it always gets so hot and cramped! and aw yeah, I feel that way a lot too, since I'm in senior hip hop im in the back like 60% of the dance. I love hip hop though, it's just so fun! Well have fun doing your dances and good luck at your competitions when you go to them :)
P.S- Happy launch day eve!

Kristen said...

Oh girl, I know EXACTLY the relief you are feeling about the science fair!! We just finished, too. My project got Honorable Mention-- however, last year, I got 2nd Place. But oh well, I'm proud :)

I just bought myself a Kindle, and I'm halfway through Shiver!! It's reeeeeaaallllllllllyy good . . . . honestly, I don't think I could or would ever have the time to write a novel/novella/story in 6,000 WORDS!!! That's crazy awesome of you.

Lala said...

So, I've noticed that everyone is doing these end of the month posts. I'm wondering if I should start doing them too.