Happy New Year! Reflection of 2010 and Looking ahead to 2011

All things considered, 2010 wasn't a bad year... True it wasn't the greatest, but I'm going to focus on all the positive things that happened in my life this past year.

In 2010 I...
-joined InkPop, where I found a base for my writing.
-got my book Dancing Through Life read by a HarperCollins editor.
-went to the west coast! California I love you!
-read 70 different books
-started two new books
-made some AMAZING friends through writing. Evie, Andrea, Laura, Morgan, and Sharon, my facebook messaging buddies... you guys are the best!
-started high school
-met some awesome people through student council,
where I'm vice president of my class
-began blogging

Goals For 2011

Blog: Having a posting schedule, and staying consistent. I want to get my followers more involved. How hard is it to click a reaction button that the bottom of the page? Answer: not hard at all, so click it! I want to grow my following base as well. Can I get 100 follows by the end of 2011? We'll see...

Writing: First of all I want to finish the draft of Perfection is my Enemy. It's standing at about 40k, and I'm hoping to add at least another 25-30k on there by this summer. Also, I want to get my dystopia piece titled Blissnorant to the 10k mark b
efore Feb. 18th, my InkPop anniversary. There's also a few minor projects and short stories I'd love to expand on. And of course, there's the editing that has to be done to Dancing Through Life.

Reading: I'd love to read more this year, if that's possible! Last year I read 70 different books, and I'm hoping to make it to 100 this year. I want to find myself picking up something I wouldn't normally read and end up loving it. I want to find more books with immersing and strong main characters.

Dance Goals: Perfect my switch leap and fuette. That's all I'm asking for!

Personal Goals: Be more social! It's the same thing every year. I've gotten better I swear. Movies and hanging out with friends are happening more and more often. As much as I'd like to sit at home writing, I love spending time with my f
riends and want to do so more!

Something to look forward to in the coming months: The Treehouse Gang Blog!
I'm a part of this fabulous group blog that will soon grace the world, The Tree House Gang! This blog will consist myself, and 4 of my best online friends, and we'll be talking about all things Young Adult. The lovely Evie at Peace, Love, and Books is doing the layout, and it's looking pretty great. Everyone has a little mini-me. Look, here's mine!

Pretty cute, huh? Stay tuned for more information about this blog. I'm pretty excited for it!

Happy New Year, and here's to hoping that 2011 will be the best one yet!

Photobucket