My Thoughts on Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


What if you only had one day to live? What would you do?
Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?


Samantha Kingston has it all: the world’s most crush-worthy boyfriend, three amazing best friends, and first pick of everything at Thomas Jefferson High—from the best table in the cafeteria to the choicest parking spot. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life.

Instead, it turns out to be her last. Then she gets a second chance. Seven chances, in fact. Reliving her last day during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her deathand discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.





Oh. My. God
(Just a warning... be prepared for a rambling about how much I love this book)

I don't even know what to say about this book. I was speechless when I finished it, and I still am. It's one of those books that you think about when you have to put it down, and one of those books that you're counting down until you can pick it up again. If I wasn't loaded with homework all week, it's the type of book that I would sit down and read in a day, despite it being close to 500 pages.

This book is in my opinion the epitome of life, death, love, and friendship. The change we see in the main character from the beginning of the book to the end is amazing, and the whole concept of the book is so unique. In truth, I was looking at the book since it came out, but I wasn't sure what to expect, and I don't like buying hardcover unless I'm sure I want it (I prefer hardcover, but I just hate shelling out $18, only to end up hating the book.) But when a friend of mine suggested it, and I had Borders Bucks, I grabbed it immediately.

This story grabbed me from the moment I started it, and it moved me in ways only few books have. Usually I'm really good at predicting endings, but I had no clue how this story would turn out. And there are important life lessons in there, lessons about bullying and friendship that are comparable to the topics in Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.

I thought it'd be boring seeing the same day over and over seven times. But each day was completely different, and everything built up on top of each other beautifully.

When I finished, I was completely numb. I shut the book, a million thoughts running through my head, and walked upstairs to my bedroom, where I burst into tears.

This book really makes us all really reevaluate our life, and the people around us. It challenges us to be better people, which is a message from many books, but this book does it beautifully.

I can't stop thinking about Before I Fall.
I think it's my new favorite book.

Well, for someone who doesn't know what to say, I sure said a lot....


Should I check this book out? Um.... YES X1,000,000. READ THIS BOOK PEOPLE. It's one of those stories that everyone should read, in my opinion. God I love it. You will too!






1 comments:

Ramisa/Remy said...

I COMPLETELY loved this book also.
It's one of my very favourites.
AWESOME REVIEW! ♥
Remy xx