My Thoughts on Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Here's a brand new segment I'm bringing to you that I'd like to call "My Thoughts"

While I don't have the time to do full out book reviews, I do have a Currently Reading tab...
So I'm going to brief reviews of the books I read after I finish them.

First up, Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
I got a lot of mixed reviews on this book, so I didn't know what to expect.

Can I just say first of all that this is the most gorgeous cover I have ever seen? It's beautiful, and I love how it captures the book so well in just that one picture.

I didn't find myself "loving" this book.
I liked it though.

My biggest concern was that Nora had some Bella Swan tendencies sometimes. Maybe that was just me overanalyzing. But in any case she ended up being a much stronger MC than Bella, and I actually enjoyed her voice.

Patch was great. You can never figure him out. He's the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome... and had that alluring factor. You wonder, Is he good? Or does he just want to kill her?

I felt as though the pacing was off at some points. Suddenly a scene would move super fast, and then at other points your waiting for something to happen. That wasn't a common occurrence though, I only noticed it a few times.

I wish that Nora found out that Patch was a fallen angel sooner... I mean we all knew it, so I didn't really get why it was prolonged for so long.

Major props for the twisted ending. I kind of saw it coming... I mean I made assumptions, but while they were close they were wrong.

While I know there's a sequel, the ending seemed a little incomplete. It seemed like the plot was still moving, and then there was just a huge RED LIGHT.

Still, Hush, Hush was one of those books that I had a tough time putting down once I got started. The narration was really enjoyable, and totally my style writing wise, which made this book a fairly quick read. Also it was the first book I read with fallen angels, so that was really interesting and I like the subject a lot.



2 comments:

Kristia S. said...

Well then you just might like "The Mortal Instruments Series" by Cassandra Clare better. I haven't gotten around to reading Hush Hush yet. I want to soooo badly. I'm already a fan, because I've read excerpts. lol.
"City of Bones." is the first book in the series of Cassandra Clare's. Its about Nephillium and all of the things of supernatural. It's REALLY GOOD AND SURPRISING! lol
Just thought I'd let you know. XD

Marisa said...

Kristia: I read the Mortal Instruments Trilogy a couple years ago.
I thought it was okay. I didn't really care too much for the characters, but I enjoyed the plot. I loved Simon though. I got SO PISSED OFF when they turned him into a vampire... I threw the book against the wall. My friend who I borrowed it from says there's still a dent in the book, lol!
THAT'S WHERE NEPHILLIUM IS FROM!
I knew that it was in some other book...