The Perks of Having High School Friends

I'm lacking things to talk about, so I'll just post what I posted in my other blog.

I haven't blogged in awhile... there really hasn't been much to say lately.

I start high school in nine days.
I'm mostly excited and totally ready.
Nerves are mixed in, sure.
But that's mostly because I'll be in an unfamiliar building, where I don't know my way around at all.
So those nerves will pass.

See, I'm the type of person who clicks better with people older than me.
It's always been this way.
There's a handful of people in my class that I'm close with.
Most 95% of the class I have no use for.

Kids my age don't get me, or my interests.
Like, if I told anyone that I wrote a book, I cannot begin to tell you how much crap I'd get for it.
And I did drama, which apparently isn't cool in my class.
The class above me, over 50% of them did drama.
In my grade there were 10 of us.
It's sad.

But over my middle school career I made so many older friends through drama.
Mostly sophomores and juniors.
Back then I became part of the inner circle, because in fifth, sixth, and seventh grade I was pulling leads.
Once I got a facebook, it was even easier to keep in touch.

Yesterday, this junior Nate, who I hadn't talked to in forever started messaging me, asking me if I'm excited for high school and if I know what team I'm on. (Our freshman academy is organized into teams, Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow.)

I said I didn't know, I'll find out at the freshman orientation cookout on Tuesday (which I'll be sure to blog about.)
I asked him what team I should hope to be on.
He said he was in all honors classes (like me) and was on yellow... he liked it but most people bitched because it was a lot of work.
Then he described to me what all the teachers in Yellow are like if I happen to be in there.
And he told me that the choir director is the man.
Then my other junior friend Stephanie (Nate's girlfriend and star of all the musicals. She's amazing) comments going "GO GREEN TEAM!" and talks about that team.

It was nice, and comforting.
It made me realize that, even though I'll be at a new school.
I won't be alone.
I'll have friends, even some upperclassmen, who will help me find my way.
Point me in the right director the first few days if I get lost.
It definitely helps settle some of the nerves.

On another topic... HOLY CRAP.

That is what I feel about Mockingjay.
After having to wait five days after it's release to get it.
(Stupid Borders pre-order)
I tore right through it.

I'm obviously not going to say anything,
Don't want to spoil it for anyone.
But WOW.
I haven't had this feeling - the feeling where you can't stop thinking about a book when you finished- in awhile.
Just...
HOLY CRAP.

And, if you've never read The Hunger Games series.
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
I'm just saying.

Photobucket



2 comments:

Kristia S. said...

You and me have that in common. Where you get along with people that's older than you than the ones your age. :) I get along with people in their twenties and thrities than the ones that are sixteen-nineteen. Yes of course I get along with them, but seemingly I can't talk with them as comfortably as I do with older friends.
You're not the only one there girl! And I feel better that I'm not the only one either! lol.

Just thought I'd stop by and give your blog some love!

With lots of love, Kristia S.<3
God Bless<3<3<3

Paige said...

Hi marissa! I have something for you on my blog :)

http://the828.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award.html