Perfection Is My Enemy

Enter the Banks family. Perfect on the outside. Falling apart on the inside. And Colby is right in the middle of it.

Colby Banks never fails. So when her parents announce they're divorcing, she takes it upon herself to find a way to bring them back together. But she quickly learns there is no simple formula and nothing she does is good enough.










That's the newest book I've been working on.
Originally I was going to wait to post it on InkPop.
But I decided that once I hit 25k, and do a quick edit, I will post what I have.
I figure that if I'm writing complete garbage, I want to know before I keep writing it.
(Though I hope everyone doesn't hate it.)

I'm just about to break 21k
So if things go as I plan them to, I'm hoping to post either Friday or Saturday.

Besides that, I have an (awesome in my opinion) idea that I'm just itching to write about.
It's a Utopian/Dystopian type novel.
I'm kind of nervous and don't know if I can pull it off though, because all I've written is general fiction/romance.
I've been writing down notes/ideas, so I don't forget... but I really want to focus on perfection.
Maybe I'll do this new idea for NaNoWriMo

Oh, and I've decided that I'm not going to do book reviews anymore.
There are plenty of other -better- blogs dedicated to do just that.
This blog will be to keep you updated about my writing,
And since I'm going to be a freshman this year... this may just end up transforming in a high school experiences type blog when school begins. Who knows?
But I will keep my currently reading tab up, since I'm always reading something new.

On a final note, to any dancers who'd understand this.
I got my scorpion today! I'm so excited.
I watched Step Up earlier (One of my favorite dance movies ever. If you haven't seen it, you should. Plus, I mean, it's Channing Tatum. Why wouldn't you want to see it?)
After I was messing around in my basement.
And I realized that I finally got it. :D
(For those of you who don't know, this is a scorpion)

That's all for now :)
Photobucket

5 comments:

Munch said...

Cool! I am still far away from getting my scorpion, but someday I will be there!
I can't wait until you post Perfection is My Enemy on InkPop! I am reading Dancing through Life on it and I think it's awesome!
I am currently writing a book, and I hope to post it on InkPop when I am done!
Sorry for the long comment, but there was no contact, so I am leaving a comment.
Majken!

Marisa said...

Aw, thank you! What's your inkpop user?
You'll get your scorpion! It took me forever. My next goal is nailing my switch leap.
Nice to meet another writer and dancer,two of my favorite things (obviously) :D

Munch said...

You're welcome.
I don't have one yet, but I am trying to get one!
I'm sure you'll get your switch leap. All it takes is a little practice. I haven't done it, but I working on it!
=) My book that I'm working on, just started, is called My Life in Ballet. It is about two girls who create an unlikely friendship but something happens to the "perfect" one. I'm not very far into it, but I am getting there!

Briana Michelle Meyer said...

You're doing NaNoWriMo too? Because I'm 18, I'm doing the regular one. November is going to be so crazy. College, prepping for Finals in December, writing a lot, my job. I'm crazy. I'm planning on writing a teen-ish version of Eat, Pray, Love.

Munch said...

Just saw you posted this on InkPop!
I started reading a couple minutes ago. I think it is so amazing!