Macs and Mockingjay

Today MOCKINGJAY by Suzanne Collins came out!
I haven't been this excited for a book since... well since I don't know when.
Perhaps the 7th Harry Potter book?
But that doesn't even compare to how excited I am for this book.

I've re-read the first two books to get ready.
And I pre-orderd this book months ago.
Though I have to wait for my dad to get home to go pick it up... argh!

I have to know what happens.
Is there a district thirteen?
Is Peeta going to be okay?
Will the uprising be a success?
What happened to Cinna? <-- one of my biggest questions

But I suppose the real question to all of you is:
Team Peeta or Team Gale?

I'm very flippy-floppy and indecisive when it comes to this question.
First time I read through the books, I was Team Peeta, no question.
He just sounded so adorable and was so sweet.
But as I read through them a second time, I feel like I understand Gale more....
And he does sound gorgeous.
I'm sticking with Peeta... although there's no telling who Katniss will be with in the end, if anyone at all.

What was your favorite part from the first two books?
In The Hunger Games I can't really pick a part out... I loved it all.
And while I loved Catching Fire... possibly more than The Hunger Games... there are a few parts that stick out to me.

1. When Peeta and Katniss visit District 11 on the Victory Tour. Even the second time I read it, I still got tears in my eyes.
2. When Katniss spins around and her wedding dress turns into a Mockingjay. Cinna is a genius.
3. "Tick, tock. This is a clock." I thought the whole concept of the arena being a clock was ingenious.

I could say so much more, but I'll stick to that for now.
What about you guys?

And, lightly touching the second part of my title.
I got a MacBook yesterday.
And to make it simple, I love it.
The saying really is true.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.

Have a great day everyone! I will be anxiously waiting for my dad to come home so he can take me to Borders.

UPDATE:
I am extremely pissed off at borders.com.
You'd think that pre-ordering means you get the book THE DAY it comes out.
But no, it gets SHIPPED today.
So I will not spend my night reading Mockingjay, as planned.
If only you cold see the look on my face right now....

Photobucket

2 comments:

Briana Michelle Meyer said...

I'm picking my book up at Barnes & Noble tomorrow. I plan on reading the book when I go down to school Friday. I have to finish my Harry Potter reading. I have till Thursday. Oh, TEAM PEETA!

(Even though I know what team wins, I want to know how! So, it really isn't a spoiler if you don't know how it happened, right?)

Marisa said...

See, I don't have a clue about about anything, I refuse to look at any spoilers. The tracking email I got said approx. delivery is Saturday. ARGH! But FedEx is usually earlier than the approx. date, so I'm counting on that.

One thing is for sure... I'M NEVER PRE-ORDERING AGAIN!